What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that lets users make payments using:
- iPhone models with Face ID
- iPhone models with Touch ID (except for iPhone 5S)
- iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad and iPad Mini models with Face ID or Touch ID
- Apple Watch-compatible devices (iPhone 5 and later models)
Apple Pay does not require Apple Pay-specific contactless payment terminals, and can work with existing contactless terminals.
How do I enroll in Apple Pay?
To enroll your card for Apple Pay, your Apple mobile device must have iOS10 or later. It is also recommended that you have a strong cellular connection or connected to Wi-Fi when adding a card.
1. Open the Wallet app on any eligible Apple device.
2. Select “Set Up Apple Pay” then “Add a new Credit or Debit Card.” If Apple Pay is already being used, select the plus (+) sign at the top right of the Apple Pay portion of your screen.
3. Follow the steps provided on screen, take a picture of the card to automatically enter card information or type it in manually. Enter the security code found on the back of the NYCB Community Bank Visa® Debit Card and fill in any remaining information.
Is Apple Pay safe to use?
Apple Pay is a secure way to pay. Apple Pay transactions are secured with Apple’s FaceId™ and/or TouchId™ fingerprint security or passcodes and never uses the actual card number.
Where is Apple Pay accepted?
Apple Pay is available at over 4 million locations in the United States as well as hundreds of thousands of locations worldwide. You can review a complete list of merchants at
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay is a proprietary, Samsung-only payment service that is independent of Apple Pay. Its differentiating feature is the fact that it can be used anywhere a card swiper is available — not just at Near Field Communication (NFC) readers. That makes it suddenly available at a much larger number of stores than Apple Pay, which relies on NFC. It stores your credit card information, and when you want to make a payment, you press your finger against the fingerprint scanner and then press the phone against the NFC reader or magnetic strip reader.
What do I need to enroll in Samsung Pay?
1. A Samsung compatible device with the Samsung Pay app installed.
2. A strong cellular connection or connected to Wi-Fi
3. Your New York Community Bank debit card
Is Samsung Pay safe to use?
Samsung Pay transactions are authorized with your fingerprint and use a digital identifier instead of the actual debit card number. Even if the device is compromised, Samsung Knox technology encrypts the card info within a separate, secure data vault.
Where is Samsung Pay accepted?
Samsung Pay is available at thousands of locations in the United States as well as locations worldwide. You can review a complete list of merchants at
Available on select Samsung devices, most major carriers and supported cards. See samsung.com/pay for complete list and contact your bank or financial institution to verify supported cards.
What is a token?
A token is a unique identification number that is assigned to any device that has requested to link the NYCB Debit card to Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
What happens if my device that has Apple Pay or Samsung Pay has been lost or stolen?
You must contact us at
(877) 786-6560 and report the device lost or stolen and we will deactivate the token. That particular token is only linked to that device so you will be able to continue to use your actual physical debit card.