- What is Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is a fast, easy, convenient and secure way to pay your bills.
- Pay all of your bills through the Payment Center of NYCB Online. Here you will see a summary of your recent and pending payments, as well as the option to set up Bill Reminders.
- Receive your bills directly to your online account via e-Bills. You can choose to pay them with automatic, scheduled, or manual payments.
- Review your Bill History to keep track of the Pay Date and Status of your payments.
- How does Bill Pay work?
To pay your bills online, simply add the companies and/or people you want to pay. Then, proceed to the Payment Center to select the payment amount and date for your payment to be delivered on. You can review the payment information under the Pending Payments section on the right hand side of the page. Once the Payment is processed you can find your payment under the Recent Payments section for up to 45 days. To view additional payment history, click on the Bill History sub-tab.
- Is it difficult to register for Bill Pay?
Actually, it couldn’t be easier. Once your NYCB Online profile is established, click on the Pay Bills tab to enroll. Only checking and money market accounts that offer check writing privileges can be used for bill payments.
There may be transactional limitations on money market accounts. Please refer to your account disclosure for more information.
- Who can I pay with Bill Pay?
You can use Bill Pay to pay any company or person with a U.S. address. Bill Pay offers the flexibility and convenience of paying all of your bills from one place. This includes charge accounts, auto loans, professionals, utilities, even a relative. Tax payments and court directed payments cannot be processed through the Bill Pay system.
- Can I use Bill Pay when I'm out of the country?
Yes! Bill Pay is an excellent way to make sure your bills are being paid while you're traveling. All you need is access to a secure internet browser, and you can pay bills from anywhere.
- What happens if I pay my bills on the weekend or on a holiday?
You can set up your payments anytime; however, these payments will not be processed until the first business day after a weekend or holiday.
- Can I schedule recurring payments?
Yes. You can schedule your payments to best suit your lifestyle. Payments can be set up on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- When are payments deducted from my account?
Payments are deducted from your account on the Payment Date unless the payment is sent as a draft check. A draft check is drawn on your account directly and is not deducted from your account until the recipient presents the check for payment.
- Can I cancel a pending bill payment?
You can cancel any payment that has not started processing. After you cancel a payment, the status changes to Canceled and the payment will not be processed. Canceled payments appear in the Recent Payments section of the Payment Center.
Note: If you cancel a payment that is part of an automatic payment schedule, only the selected payment is canceled. To cancel all payments in an automatic payment schedule, click on the AutoPay link located under the payee name.
- What are Bill Reminders?
Reminders are useful when you want help remembering to make payments on time, but you aren’t ready to set up automatic payments. Go to the Payment Center to set up and manage reminders. You can even schedule reminders up to 28 days in advance of your payment due date.
- How secure is my personal information?
We use several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- TLS—Transport Layer Security is a protocol that ensures privacy between communicating applications and their users on the Internet. When a server and client communicate, TLS ensures that no third party may eavesdrop or tamper with any message.
- Encryption—128-bit encryption makes your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out—Automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks.
- What are e-Bills?
An e-Bill is an electronic version of a bill or statement. You can receive, view, and pay e-Bills in NYCB Bill Pay. When your e-Bill arrives, it appears in the Payment Center, and you can view and pay it online. You control the date and amount of your payment.
- How do e-Bills work with NYCB Online Bill Pay?
We can receive e-Bills from hundreds of companies nationwide. When a company is eligible for e-Bills, a Get Bills icon appears next to the biller name. Click the icon to go to the Add an e-Bill page. Enter the information that your biller requires to set up e-bill service, and the request will be sent to the biller.